Shelby American to Unveil 800 HP 2012 GT500 Super Snake at New York International Auto Show
LAS VEGAS – Shelby American Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK) will unveil its new Super Snake post title package for the 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 at the New York International Auto Show. With 800 horsepower, the Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be the most powerful American muscle car introduced at the show. In addition to the Super Snake, Shelby American will also display the limited edition 2012 Shelby GT350 coupe and convertible.
“Shelby American has a rich history at the New York International Auto Show,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American Inc. “The very first Shelby car was introduced there in 1962, as well as the 1968 and 2008 Shelby GT500KR and the 2006 Shelby Hertz GT-H. This year, we’re returning with one of the most powerful and important Shelbys ever built.”
Born on the drag strip and road course of Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Shelby American and its partner Ford Racing, created an aggressive suspension and engine package that turns the Ford Shelby GT500 into a world class supercar. Even more power is available for the 2012 model year. There will be a limited production of Super Snakes available to customers starting May 1, 2011.
“With more horsepower, the 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake is a strong performer both on the road and the track,” noted Gary Patterson, vice president of operations at Shelby American. “This Super Snake will deliver the driving experience that enthusiasts expect from the Shelby brand.”
The new Super Snake post title package is one of the very few vehicles that generates up to 800 horsepower on pump gas. Not only is the high performance vehicle legal in 50 states, the unique, limited production supercar allows Shelby fans the opportunity to experience the power of one of America’s legendary muscle cars for under $100,000; this includes the Shelby Super Snake package and the GT500 base vehicle.
The 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:
– Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace
– An optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack is available
– 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio and short-throw shifter
– The standard tune upgrades power to over 750 HP and 590 ft./lbs. of torque
– Optional Shelby / Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
– Borla exhaust system
– Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in durabright or anthracite
– Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
– Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
– Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
– Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
– “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
– “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
– Optional two tone leather interior
– Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
Customers can build their dream Shelby Super Snake online with Shelby American’s new “Build-One” car building program at http://shelbyamerican.com/buildhome.asp.
The 2012 Shelby GT350 coupe and convertible will also be exhibited at the Shelby American booth, #1325, during the New York Auto Show. The 2012 model year car is offered in two new body colors, Race Red and Kona Blue. Those interested in a Shelby GT500 Super Snake or Shelby GT350 should call (702) 942-7325 or log onto www.shelbyamerican.com.
About Shelby American, Inc. and Carroll Shelby Licensing
Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby American Inc., (www.shelbyamerican.com) manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. Shelby American is a division of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI.PK). Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., also a wholly owned division, is the exclusive holder of Carroll Shelby’s trademarks and vehicle design rights. It also holds trademark rights for Shelby-branded apparel, accessories and collectibles. Information is atwww.carrollshelbyinternational.com.
Source: Shelby American