Rocky Mountain High: Auto Press Honors Cadillac CTS Coupe
Cadillac luxury sports car selected as 2011 New Vehicle of the Year
DENVER – The Rocky Mountain Automotive Press named the Cadillac CTS Coupe its 2011 New Vehicle of the Year in an awards ceremony Wednesday night at the Denver International Auto Show.
The Rocky Mountain Automotive Press is a Denver-based association of automotive journalists, communications specialists and auto-industry professionals. The New Vehicle of the Year Award recognizes the most outstanding all-new, redesigned or significantly re-engineered 2011 model.
The group selected the CTS Coupe from more than 30 eligible cars, pickups, crossovers and SUVs evaluated by association members in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming. The group cited the CTS Coupe for its style and performance.
“It takes a very exceptional vehicle indeed to master both the plains and mountains of the Rocky Mountain West and I’m thrilled that the journalists of the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press have voted the new and innovative Cadillac CTS Coupe our 2011 New Vehicle of the Year,” said Roman Mica, association president.
Introduced in the second half of last year as a 2011 model, the CTS Coupe joined the CTS Sport Sedan andCTS Sport Wagon in Cadillac’s CTS line.
“The CTS Coupe was meant to stand out from the crowd with its bold design and world-class performance,” said Don Butler, vice president of Cadillac marketing. “The award from the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press is further proof that we achieved our goal.”
Recent honors for the CTS family include:
– AutoBild Allrad 2011 Car of the Year: Import Coupe/Convertible/Sports Car Segment (CTS Coupe AWD)
– MotorWeek 2011 Drivers’ Choice Award: Best Coupe (CTS Coupe)
– Edmunds Inside Line Most Wanted Awards for 2011 (CTS-V Wagon)
– Car and Driver 10Best List for 2011 (CTS-V Sedan, Coupe and Wagon)
– AUTOMOBILE Magazine 2011 All-Star (CTS-V Wagon)
– MSN Autos Editors Choice Award for 2010 (CTS-V Wagon)
– AutoWeek Best of the Best Car for 2011 (CTS-V Coupe)
– Popular Mechanics Auto Excellence Award: Top 10 Cars of 2011 (CTS Coupe)
– Motor Authority Best Performance/Luxury Car to Buy for 2011 (CTS-V Coupe and Wagon).
– Internet Car of the Year (Pros Pick) for 2010 (CTS-V Coupe)
– Esquire Car of the Year Awards for 2010: Best Domestic Car (CTS-V Coupe)
Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. In recent years, Cadillac has engineered a historic renaissance led by artful engineering and advanced technology. More information on Cadillac can be found at media.cadillac.com.