NASCAR Star Tony Stewart and The Office Depot Foundation Team Up to Donate School Supplies to Northern Kentucky Children
Tony Stewart, a two-time NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series™ champion and driver of the No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil1 Chevrolet, will headline a special “Back-To-School Celebration” event at the local Office Depot store in Florence, Kentucky. Stewart is partnering with The Office Depot Foundation to help Northern Kentucky kids get ready for the new school year with the essential tools they need to succeed in the classroom.
Other special guests include:
• Florence Mayor Diane E. Whalen
• Boone County Schools Superintendent Randy Poe
• Covington Independent Schools Superintendent Lynda Jackson
• Newport Independent School District Interim Superintendent Dan Sullivan
Organizations scheduled to receive donations include:
• Boone County Schools
• Brighton Center
• Campbell County Schools
• Covington Independent Schools
• Dayton Independent Schools
• Gallatin County Schools
• Kenton County Schools
• Ludlow Independent Schools
• New Perceptions
• Newport Independent Schools
• NKCAC – Head Start Program
• Silver Grove Independent Schools
• Speedway Children’s Charities
Stewart is partnering with Office Depot and the Office Depot Foundation for this special “Back-To-School Celebration” and will be donating new sackpacks in five colorful designs that contain essential school supplies to Northern Kentucky children in need.
At the event, Stewart will assist the Foundation in donating 3,000 sackpacks to representatives from local schools and non-profit organizations as part of the Office Depot Foundation’s National Backpack Program.
The Foundation donates sackpacks across the United States and internationally in an effort to help kids succeed in school. By the end of this year, Office Depot and the Office Depot Foundation will have helped more than 2.5 million children in need since the program began in 2001. Stewart will assist the Foundation in donating 350,000 sackpacks nationwide in 2011, which is the most given out in a single year.
Note to media:
These sackpacks are not available to the general public. The sackpacks are being donated only to designated non-profit organizations.
6825 Burlington Pike
Florence, KY 41042
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
• Presentation of donations: 4:00-4:45 p.m. local time (not open to general public)
• Autograph session w/Tony Stewart: 4:45-5:45 p.m. local time (open to general public – see details below)
Stewart will sign autographs for 300 fans at the event. Wristbands are required for the autograph session and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at the Florence Office Depot store beginning at 8:00 a.m. local time on the day of the event only (Wednesday, July 6). Fans with a wristband must be in line no later than 5:15 p.m. local time to receive an autograph.
– Stewart presenting sackpacks to representatives from local schools and communityorganizations
– The No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 show car with special “Back-to-School” paint scheme
– Stewart signing autographs for fans
Tony Stewart will be available for one-on-one interviews at the event. Please contact Michael Purgatorio at 312-240-2990 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview with Stewart.
Source: Courtesy of MATTER, Edelman Sports & Entertainment Marketing
« Barrett-Jackson’s Orange County Auction Generates Nearly $14 Million in Gross Sales and Attracts Approximately 60,000 Attendees | Home | RM Auctions: A Celebrity Packard and a Transparent Pontiac Star at RM’s Michigan Sale »