Mecum’s 15th Annual Fall Premier Auction Exceeds $12 Million
Diverse Offerings Hammer Sold Amongst Record Crowd in Chicagoland
Walworth, Wis. – Record crowds gathered for the 15th Annual Mecum Fall Premier, held Oct. 25-27 at the scenic Pheasant Run Resort in beautiful St. Charles, Ill. Chicagoland’s only collector car auction, the Mecum 2012 Fall Premier presented a varied slate of 963 vehicles for sale over three big days, selling 577 for a 60 percent sell-through rate and total sales surpassing $12 Million.
True to Mecum’s reputation for offering something for every automotive taste, the Fall Premier showed incredible variety in the vehicles crossing the block, most notably in the Top Ten Sales that included such diverse machines as a garage-kept 2000 Prevost Motorhome (Lot T159), the top seller at $160,000, a 1937 Chevrolet Street Rod that was a Great 8 finalist for the Detroit Autorama’s famed Ridler Award (Lot S137), an amazingly original 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider F1 (Lot S139) and a Matador Red 1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 Sports Coupe (Lot S152) presented by prominent Chicagoland collector Mike Guarise.
Mecum’s 2012 Fall Premier Top 10 Sales were:
1. 2000 Prevost Motorhome (Lot T159) at $160,000
2. 1937 Chevrolet Street Rod (Lot S137) at $125,000
3. 1997 Porsche 911 Carrera Turbo S (Lot S129) at $111,000
4. 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Fuelie (Lot F228) at $100,000
5. 1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 Sports Coupe (Lot S152) at $100,000
6. 1960 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S84) at $99,000
7. 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider F1 (Lot S139) at $95,000
8. 2005 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe (Lot S271) at $90,000
9. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S92) at $81,000
10. 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 LS6 (Lot S151) at $80,000
Complete auction results are available to Mecum InfoNet Members, which is free to join at Mecum.com. Members can login to see car-by car results by visiting the Results Page.
Next up on the Mecum Auction schedule is their inaugural event in Anaheim, Calif. to be held Nov. 15-17, 2012 at The Anaheim Convention Center. To become a registered bidder or to consign a vehicle, go to Mecum.com or call 262-275-5050.
About Mecum Auction
The Mecum Auction Company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for 25 years, now offering more than 12,000 vehicles per year. Mecum Auctions is the world leader of collector car, exotics, vintage motorcycles and road art sales. Auctions are held throughout the United States and broadcast live on Velocity, Discovery Network. For further information, visit www.Mecum.com or call 262.275.5050. Join the social buzz and LIKE us on Facebook at facebook.com/mecumauction or join the conversation on Twitter @mecum.
Source: Mecum Auctions