Mecum Auctions: The Cars of Hallbrook Sends Mecum Dallas Into High Gear
Classics, Corvettes, and More Selling at The Dallas Convention Center
Dallas – Mecum Auctions began their second annual Dallas sale Wednesday evening at The Dallas Convention Center with an incredible collection of 96 vehicles from The Cars of Hallbrook and witnessed heavy bidding from start to finish. Total sales for opening night surpassed $5.2 million, sending 82 vehicles to new homes with an incredible 85% sell-through rate. Topping the list of sold vehicles was a 2005 Ford GT (Lot W49) with only 1,021 miles hammering for $187,500.
The Cars of Hallbrook encompassed some of the most exclusive American automobiles in existence, with strong emphasis on minimal mileage and maximum originality, highlighted by award-winning Lincolns and Corvettes. The action continues today through Saturday with over 1,100 collector cars scheduled to cross the auction block. Go to mecum.com to watch every minute live via webcast, and preview upcoming lots for sale. Discovery’s Velocity Network will broadcast live today and tomorrow from 3pm to 9pm Central and Saturday from 1pm to 7pm Central.
The public is welcome to join Mecum at The Dallas Convention Center located at 650 South Griffith Street, Dallas with general admission tickets available at the door for just $15 per day. Bidder registration is easy and convenient onsite for only $100 and includes admission for one guest. For more information visit http://www.mecum.com or call 262-275-5050.
Top 10 Sales from The Cars of Hallbrook at Dallas 2012 (all sales reflect hammer prices) were:
1. 2005 Ford GT (W49) at $187,500
2. 1956 Lincoln Premiere Convertible (W48) at $152,500
3. 1938 Lincoln K Semi-Collapsible Cabriolet (W46) at $152,500
4. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 427/400 HP (W45) at $138,000
5. 2007 Bentley Continental GTC (W43) at $112,000
6. 1928 Cadillac Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton (W51) at $107,500
7. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (W44) at $100,000
8. 1930 Lincoln Model L Sport Phaeton (W53) at $100,000
9. 1958 Pontiac Bonneville Hardtop (W64) at $97,500
10. 2005 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Roadster (W93) at 90,000
John Hollansworth Jr. Courtesy of Mecum Auctions
Source: Mecum Auctions
« Stephen Cox: Short Track – How Two Random Fans Saved My Race | Home | NASCAR® Star Tony Stewart and The Office Depot Foundation Team Up to Donate School Supplies to Arlington Heights-Area Children »