Mecum Auctions: Mecum St Charles Auction Exceeds $12 Million
Record Number of Cars Offered Draws Record Crowd
Marengo, IL – Mecum Auctions announces total sales (excluding buyer’s premium) were over $12 million for their premier fall event, Sept. 15-18, 2011 in St. Charles, Ill.
Mecum offered more than 1,000 cars, which is the most vehicles ever featured at the St. Charles event. Over four big days, record attendance poured into Pheasant Run Resort for Mecum’s annual event, which had a 55% sell-through rate.
A 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback was the auction’s top seller, hammering for $290,000. Documented with two build sheets, two shipping invoices and the window sticker, Kar Kraft #1451 is a well documented early production example topping all sales along with two legendary Yenko street machines on Saturday afternoon.
Mecum’s St. Charles Top 10 Sales (all sales reflect hammer prices) were:
1. 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 (Lot S109) at $290,000
2. 1969 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot S102) at $177,500
3. 1969 Chevrolet Yenko Chevelle (Lot S80) at $162,000
4. 1957 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible (Lot S124) at $150,000
5. 1969 Chevrolet COPO Camaro (Lot S170) at $121,000
6. 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S94) at $112,500
7. 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge Ram Air IV (Lot F232) at $102,000
8. 1958 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S91) at $100,000
9. 1957 Oldsmobile 98 Convertible (Lot S96) at $95,000
10. 2011 Ford Shelby GT350 (Lot S190) at $90,000
Complete results from the St. Charles Auction are available to Mecum InfoNet members, which is free to join at www.Mecum.com. Mecum InfoNet members can log in to see car-by-car results by visiting the Results Page.
Up next for Mecum are the Geneva Lake Antique and Classic Boat Auction on Sept. 25, 2011, and the company’s inaugural auction in Texas, which will feature 600 collector cars and motorcycles at the Dallas Convention Center, Oct. 6-8, 2011. For more information, visit www.Mecum.com or call 815.568.8888.
Source: Mecum Auctions