Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NNS Race Advance – Watkins Glen
WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes
NNS Race Advance
Zippo 200 at The Glen
Watkins Glen International
Saturday, Aug. 13, 2011
BRAD KESELOWSKI UPDATE
Dodge’s Brad Keselowski will not compete in the Nationwide Series event this weekend at The Glen. He continues to receive treatment for injuries, including a broken left ankle, sustained during a testing accident at Road America. He was replaced in the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge by Sam Hornish Jr. last week at Iowa. Hornish started third and led 39 laps before a tire issue dropped him to 24th at the checkered flag. Kurt Busch has been named to drive the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger this weekend.
PENSKE RACING STATEMENT
“As Brad Keselowski continues to recover from the injuries suffered last week at Road Atlanta, Penske Racing teammate Kurt Busch will pilot the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger in this weekend’s NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) race at Watkins Glen International. Penske Racing is fortunate that Kurt, who is a former NNS winner at Watkins Glen, is in its stable of drivers. We appreciate him lending a hand during this time. We will continue to monitor Brad’s recovery. His NNS schedule will be determined on a race-by-race basis.”
Tim Cindric, President
KURT BUSCH AT THE GLEN
• In two previous Nationwide starts at Watkins Glen, Kurt Busch was on the pole in both and has a win (2006) and a third-place (2007) finish. He is the youngest pole winner for a Nationwide event at The Glen (28 years, eight days). He is one of two Dodge drivers to win on the 2.45-mile, seven-turn road course. Ryan Newman won the event in 2005. Busch also won at Texas Motor Speedway (2006) in Nationwide competition. He made seven starts in the series in 2006 and four in 2007, but hasn’t competed in the series since until this weekend.
KURT BUSCH – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
Top Fives: 7
Top 10s: 9
Laps Led: 417
Average Start: 7.9
Average Finish: 8.5
• The race has been won from the pole five times in the 17 previous Nationwide events and nine times from the front row. Only four wins have come from a starting position outside the top 10.
DID YOU KNOW
• Penske Racing and Dodge have two Nationwide Series wins of this season. Brad Keselowski posted victories at Kentucky Speedway and Lucas Oil Raceway.
• Dodge won its first Nationwide championship last year when Brad Keselowski claimed the driver’s title. It was the first NASCAR title for Penske Racing.
Marcos Ambrose has won the 82-lap Nationwide event three consecutive years.
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• Dodge is fielding two entries in the Nationwide Series this year from the Penske Racing stable. Sam Hornish Jr. joins teammate Brad Keselowski for a limited race schedule.
MONTREAL NATIONWIDE RACE
Jacques Villeneuve will drive the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger at Montreal and Alex Tagliani will be in the No. 12 Hot Wheels Dodge Challenger. Both cars will be prepared and serviced by Penske Racing.
FROM THE DRIVER
“I have always tried to be a great team player throughout my career and I am happy to help out our Penske Racing Team over on the Nationwide side this weekend at The Glen. With the incredible effort Brad Keselowski put forth last weekend in winning Sunday’s race at Pocono, we think it’s a smart move to let him focus on just the Sprint Cup action this weekend. We were able to win the race the last time we battled it out on a Saturday at the Glen back in 2006. We’re looking forward to being behind the wheel of the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge this weekend.”
Kurt Busch, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
Source: Dodge Motorsports