Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NNS Race Advance – Phoenix
AVONDALE, Ariz. – For Immediate Release
BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire
Dodge Challenger R/T
Career Starts: 140
Top Fives: 59
Top 10s: 82
• Keselowski is the defending NASCAR Nationwide Series champion
• Earned Penske Racing its first NASCAR champion last season
• In 2010, Keselowski set career-bests in wins (6), top five’s (26), top 10s (29) and poles (5).
• Set a NASCAR record 102 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish) that ended last weekend at Daytona Int’l Speedway.
• First Nationwide victory came at Nashville Superspeedway (2008).
• Keselowski is a third-generation driver, following in the footsteps of his father and grandfather.
KESELOWSKI AT PHOENIX INTERNATIOAL RACEWAY
• Keselowski is making his ninth-career NNS start at PIR.
• Highest starting position: 2nd – 2008 spring race
• Highest finishing position: 3rd – 2010 spring race
• Average starting position: 14.4
• Average finishing position: 12.6
• Laps Led: 68
• Keselowski has four consecutive top-five finishes at PIR.
DODGE QUOTES: DRIVE4COPD 300
“I feel that every weekend we have a shot at winning in the Nationwide Series. Our team is that strong. The Nationwide program at Penske Racing is that strong. Every weekend is a great opportunity for us to win and I think we can get the first win of the season at Phoenix. I’ve always looked forward to going out to PIR to race. I love the fact that Phoenix is its own unique venue and the community really embraces us twice a year. We have a lot of support from Discount Tire and winning in their backyard would be a great way to show them how much we appreciate what they do for Penske Racing.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge R/T Challenger R/T
FROM THE PITBOX
“Everyone on the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team is looking forward to this weekend’s race at Phoenix. This is the car Brad won Charlotte with in October and we have tested twice at Walt Disney World Speedway, which is very similar to Phoenix. Brad was very happy with the way the car drove so we feel like we have a great shot to give Discount Tire their first victory of the season at their home track.”
Todd Gordon, crew chief, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• Dodge won its first Nationwide championship last year when Penske Racing’s Brad Keselowski won the driver’s title.
• Dodge will field two entries in the Nationwide Series from the Penske Racing stable. Sam Hornish Jr. will join teammate Keselowski for a limited race schedule in 2011.
• The Dodge Challenger R/T will serve as Dodge’s entry for all 35 races this season in the Nationwide Series.
DID YOU KNOW
• Dodge runs two different car brands in NASCAR; NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (Dodge Charger R/T) and NASCAR Nationwide Series (Dodge Challenger R/T).
STAT OF THE WEEK
• After five starts in a Dodge Challenger (four last year and one this year) in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has one pole, two wins, and four top fives.
“We’ve spent the last year redefining and building the Dodge brand. Now we’re going to show customers what the future of Dodge will look like. At Dodge, we’re passionate about driving; we look forward to it. We think a car should have a personality, be powerful and fun. We’re going to put that Dodge mojo into the entire lineup, from compact cars to minivans to SUVs and everything in between.”
Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – Dodge Car brand, Chrysler Group LLC
Source: Dodge Motorsports