Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NNS Race Advance – Kentucky
SPARTA, Kent. –
Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes
NASCAR Nationwide Race Advance
Feed the Children 300
Friday, July 8, 2011
“I’ve really enjoyed racing at Kentucky over the last few years. It’s hard to believe that I only have three (Nationwide) starts there in my career. I’ve been able to run up front in every race, but we just haven’t been able to find a way to get to Victory Lane. Hopefully, we can change that on Friday night. Our Discount Tire Dodges have been fast, but I think everyone will feel better once we get that first win of the season under our belts. The fans always come out and support the racing at Kentucky and that makes it a race that I look forward to.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger
FROM THE CREW CHIEF
“Over the last couple of years, Kentucky has taken on some characteristics that make it a little different than the other 1.5-mile tracks we visit. Turns 1 and 2 are very bumpy, especially on the bottom. You need to have a smooth ride quality to take the fast way around the track. That also means a second groove will develop as the race progresses because a lot of drivers will avoid those bumps. The track gains a lot of grip as the sun goes down and it becomes very fast. I think it’s a track suited perfectly to Brad’s driving style.”
Todd Gordon, crew chief, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
DID YOU KNOW
· Brad Keselowski set a NASCAR record 102 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish) that ended at this year’s season-opening race at Daytona Int’l Speedway. His best start was a second at Texas where he posted his best finish, a second.
· It will be the 11th Nationwide Series race at Kentucky.
· Dodge won its first Nationwide championship last year when Penske Racing’s Brad Keselowski claimed the driver’s title.
· Dodge is fielding two entries in the Nationwide Series this year from the Penske Racing stable. Sam Hornish Jr. joins teammate Keselowski for a limited race schedule.
· Dodge has 34 wins in the Nationwide Series, seven of which came in 2010.
· Dodge’s Brad Keselowski has finished third in the last two Nationwide Series races at Kentucky Speedway. He was fourth in his first start in 2008. His best start at the 1.5-mile oval was a ninth in 2009. His last win came at Gateway Raceway last October (20 races).
BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
Top Fives: 65
Top 10s: 92
Laps Led: 1,963
Average Start: 15.1
Average Finish: 12.7
2011 Season Stats:
Top Fives: 6
Top 10s: 10
Laps Led: 122
Average Start: 9.1
Average Finish: 12.8
Kentucky Speedway Stats:
Top Fives: 3
Top 10s: 3
Laps Led: 0
Average Start: 15.7
Average Finish: 3.1
· Last NASCAR Nationwide Series win came at Gateway last fall (19 races).
· The reigning NASCAR Nationwide champion.
· Earned Penske Racing its first NASCAR champion last season.
· In 2010, set career-bests in wins (6), top five’s (26), top 10s (29) and poles (5).
· First Nationwide victory came at Nashville Superspeedway (2008).
Source: Dodge Motorsports