Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NNS Advance – Dover 2
DOVER, Del. – OneMain Financial 200
Oct. 1, 2011
Dover International Speedway
No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger R/T
Career Starts: 168
Top Fives: 68
Top 10s: 97
• Keselowski’s last NASCAR Nationwide Series win came at Chicagoland Speedway two weeks ago.
• He is the defending NASCAR Nationwide champion.
• Earned Penske Racing its first NASCAR championship last season.
• In 2010, set career-bests in wins (6), top five’s (26), top 10s (29) and poles (5).
• Set a NASCAR record 102 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish) that ended at this year’s season-opening race at Daytona Int’l Speedway.
• First Nationwide victory came at Nashville Superspeedway (2008).
KESELOWSKI AT DOVER SPEEDWAY
• Keselowski is making his 10th career Nationwide Series start at Dover International Speedway.
• Highest starting position: Third – 2010 (spring)
• Highest finishing position: Win – 2009 (spring)
• Average starting position: 12.2
• Average finishing position: 9
• Laps Led: 20
“I don’t think Dover gets the recognition that it deserves. It’s a nasty racetrack and I mean that in a good way. Very few tracks are as physically demanding as Dover. It’s hard on both the drivers and the equipment. At no point during the race can you just log laps because, if you aren’t racing another driver, you are making sure that you keep your car out of the wall. For that reason, Dover is one of my favorite tracks. I was able to win there last year and we are running well enough that we can win this week, too.”
Brad Keselowski – No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge
• Dodge’s Brad Keselowski has seven top 12 finishes in nine NNS races at Dover International Speedway.
• Keselowski won the 2009 spring race at Dover International Speedway, leading just the final two laps of the race.
DID YOU KNOW
• Dodge has one victory at Dover (Ryan Newman in 2005).
• Dodge has two poles at Dover (Kasey Kahne in 2004 and Newman in 2005).
• Dodge’s last Nationwide Series win came two weeks ago when Keselowski won at Chicagoland Speedway.
• Dodge has three NNS wins this season.
• Dodge’s Brad Keselowski is seeking his fourth Nationwide win of the season this weekend at the “Monster Mile”.
• In his 2010 Nationwide championship season, Brad Keselowski’s average finishing position was 5.2 that included 26 top-five and 29 top-10 finishes.
• At Dover, Keselowski has one win along with three top-five and six top-10 finishes in nine-career starts.
• Brad Keselowski is seeking his fourth Nationwide pole of the season; he has 11 in his career.
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• Dodge won its first Nationwide championship last year when Penske Racing’s Brad Keselowski claimed the driver’s title.
• Dodge is fielding two entries in the Nationwide Series this year from the Penske Racing stable. Sam Hornish Jr. joined teammate Brad Keselowski for a limited race schedule. Hornish has made nine starts this season. He scored a season high fifth-place finish at Chicagoland.
• Dodge has 38 wins in the Nationwide Series.
FROM THE CREW CHIEF
“Dover is another very tough racetrack where you have to race the track first and the other competitors second. Track position is important, so you have to place more of an emphasis on qualifying. This is one of Brad’s favorite tracks and we would like to tame the ‘Monster Mile’ this weekend.”
Todd Gordon, crew chief, No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger R/T
Scott Sebastian – Darnell Communications – firstname.lastname@example.org
Denny Darnell – Darnell Communicaitons.net – email@example.com
Jimmy White –firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Dodge Motorsports