Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NNS Advance – Chicagoland
JOLIET, Ill. – Dollar General 300
Sept. 17, 2011
– No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
Career Stats: 2011 Season Stats:
Starts: 161 Starts: 22
Wins: 14 Wins: 2
Top Fives: 67 Top Fives: 8
Top 10s: 96 Top 10s: 14
Poles: 11 Poles: 3
Laps Led: 2,228 Laps Led: 380
Chicagoland Speedway Stats:
Top Fives: 1
Top 10s: 1
Laps Led: 38
• Last Nationwide Series win came at Lucas Oil Raceway (Indianapolis).
• Has recorded top-10 finishes in four of his last six races.
• Has led laps in 16 of 22 races this season including eight of the last nine.
• 2010 Nationwide Series champion.
SAM HORNISH JR.
– No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T
Career Stats: 2011 Season Stats:
Starts: 28 Starts: 8
Wins: 0 Wins: 0
Top Fives: 0 Top Fives: 0
Top 10s: 2 Top 10s: 2
Poles: 0 Poles: 0
• Making first Nationwide Series start at Chicagoland this weekend.
• Sixth at Nashville best Nationwide finish in 2011. Has four top-15 finishes in eight starts.
• Has made five consecutive top-10 starts and has not started outside the top 20 this season.
• Has led laps in four of his last six Nationwide races including a season-high 39 at Iowa.
• Has only one DNF this season – the season opener at Daytona.
BRAD KESELOWSKI ON CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY
“I like the fact that Chicago has developed a lot of character over the years. Midwestern winters have taken their toll on the racing surface. It’s not Atlanta, but it is pretty hard on tires. You can race side-by-side, which is what everyone wants to see. Restarts can get crazy at Chicago, especially if you are on the inside, because guys can really hold you down on the bottom and make life difficult for you. Being a Midwestern guy, it would mean a lot to me to pick up a win there. I’ve had good cars, but we haven’t been able to capitalize on them. Todd (Gordon, crew chief) and I were really starting to jell before I hurt my foot, but I think we are starting to get comfortable with each other again since I’ve got back in the car. I’m excited for the possibilities that the rest of the year holds for this Discount Tire Dodge team.”
• Brad Keselowski is seeking his 12th career Nationwide Series pole. He has three this season. His last win in the series came at Bristol.
• Dodge’s last Nationwide Series win came August 13 at Watkins Glen when Keselowski’s teammate Kurt Busch drove the No. 22 Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger to victory.
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• Dodge is fielding two entries in the Nationwide Series this year with Penske Racing. Sam Hornish Jr. joins Brad Keselowski for a limited schedule. Hornish will make his ninth Nationwide start of the year at Chicagoland.
• Dodge has 35 wins in the Nationwide Series. Seven of those wins came last year.
“I am excited to get back behind the wheel of the Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway. It has always been an exciting place for me to go because I have celebrated an IndyCar Series win and clinched a championship there. The track is fast and with the banking, it carries a lot of speed. Between testing and getting ready for this weekend, the No. 12 crew has been working hard in the shop to provide me with the best equipment out there and I hope I can thank them by ending up in victory lane this weekend.”
Denny Darnell – 704.975-3252 – Darnell Communications – email@example.com
Scott Sebastian – 312.519.5040 –Darnell Communications – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jimmy White – 704-929-7175 – Darnell Communications – email@example.com
Source: Dodge Motorsports