Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance – Kroger 200 – O’Reilly Raceway Park
INDIANAPOLIS – For Immediate Release
Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance
O’Reilly Raceway Park
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Dodge in 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series
With 19 races completed in the 2010 season, Penske Racing’s two NASCAR Nationwide Series Dodge Charger entries have combined for five poles, four wins, 19 top-five and 26 top-10 finishes. Penske Dodges have completed 6,980 of 7,008 laps contested, and have been atop the leaderboard for 896 laps
JUSTIN ALLGAIER – No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Highlights:
• Allgaier earned his first NASCAR Nationwide Series win this year at Bristol Motor Speedway, leading a 1-2 finish for Penske Racing and Dodge.
• Through the first 19 Nationwide races, Allgaier has one pole, one win, five top-five and 10 top-10 finishes. He is currently ranked fourth in the point standings, 497 markers behind leader and Penske Racing teammate Brad Keselowski.
• Allgaier’s third-place position in the point standings is best among full-time, Nationwide Series-only drivers. Allgaier leads fellow Nationwide-only driver Steve Wallace, currently ranked seventh, by 341 points.
BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Highlights:
• After 19 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver standings by 168 points over Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega in April.
• Keselowski earned back-to-back wins at Talladega and Richmond.
• Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (14), top-10 finishes (16) and laps completed (3,503).
• Keselowski has a NASCAR record 86 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (did not finish).
• In 23 career short-track starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has four wins, 10 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes. He has led the field a total of seven times for 553 laps.
DID YOU KNOW
• Keselowski’s best ORP finish is fourth (2009).
• Allgaier finished 21st in his only ORP start (2009).
• Keselowski has scored top 10s in 16 of 19 races this season.
• Dodge started 1-2 in the Nationwide Series for the first time this season two weekends ago at Daytona Int’l Speedway (Brad Keselowski and Parker Kligerman).
• Keselowski has led 765 laps in 19 NNS races this season.
DODGE NATIONWIDE QUOTES
“I am really excited about heading back to ORP. Last year was the first time I’d raced there, and while we didn’t have a great finish, I feel like I learned a lot about racing there. As a driver, these are the kinds of tracks that I love to race. It reminds me of Saturday night showdown races. My dad has a tire shop just around the corner from the track, and as far back as I can remember, we’d go and watch the races there. Penske Racing has a lot of history at the Brickyard, and I’d like nothing more than to make some history for them at the little track as well.”
Justin Allgaier, No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger
“We’ve been strong on the short tracks this season. I think ORP is a great place for us to regain some of the momentum we have lost over the last couple of races. We had a pretty big lead in the points heading into Chicago and we’ve seen that dwindle a bit. When you have two weeks like we’ve had, it makes you thankful that you had a big lead. It would be different if we weren’t competitive over the last few weeks, but that’s not the case. Paul Wolfe and all the guys continue to give me fast Discount Tire Dodges. We’re definitely not in a slump, but we need to get back on track.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger
Source: Dodge Motorsports