Chicago Auto Show: Jaguar 2012 Model Year Line Up Arrives in Chicago for 2012 Auto Show
Chicago, IL. – Jaguar will showcase its 2012 model year line up at the Chicago Auto Show held from February 8 to 19. The 2012 models include the Jaguar XF, XK and XJ.
2012 Jaguar XF
A sedan with the soul of a Jaguar sports car, the Jaguar XF has won accolades and enthusiastic fans across the globe for its dynamic abilities and dramatic appearance. A redesign for the 2012 Jaguar XF model range adopts the Jaguar design language introduced on the flagship Jaguar XJ sedan.
Continuing to feature dramatic ‘surprise and delight’ elements such as the JaguarDrive Selector™ that rises from the center console and air vents that rotate to their open position when the start button is pressed, the XF interior also receives a comprehensive update.
• Design changes bring the Jaguar XF exterior more in-line with the original C-XF concept, and with the Jaguar XJ flagship
• Design changes to the XF continue the evolution of the Jaguar design language
• The 510 horsepower Jaguar XFR receives unique, assertive styling treatment. XFR receives styling upgrades that further differentiates it from other XF models
• Bi-function HID xenon headlamps incorporate LED running lights with a distinctive ‘J-Blade’ signature
• Three front fascia and lower rear valance treatments differentiate between model levels
• Tail lamps now feature LED lighting for stop, tail, and turn indicator functions
• Refreshed exterior is complemented by new alloy wheel choices and paint colors
• Upgraded interior with new seats, instrument panel, and optional 1200W Bowers & Wilkins® premium surround sound system
• Complete change to the car infotainment system
2012 Jaguar XK
The Jaguar XK was the first car created entirely under the aegis of Jaguar, Design Director, Ian Callum. Dramatic and purposeful, yet as sensuous as only a Jaguar can be, the 2012 XK now receives a number of revisions that reinforce its contemporary, assertive character.
Complementing the design changes are 16 paint colors, four of which are new. A range of 10 alloy wheel designs, from 19 to 20-inches is available. The ‘Black Pack’ remains an option on the XKR. This package replaces exterior chrome with a gloss black finish, complemented by 20-inch gloss black alloy wheels. The package also includes body colored aerodynamic enhancements.
• New XKR-S model – now available in both Coupe and Convertible – is the ultimate expression of Jaguar’s GT duality: intelligent performance with everyday drivability; the 550 horsepower XKR-S achieves 186 mph (300km/h) and 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds
• Dramatic front and rear styling gives the XK a dynamic new appearance
• XKR receives styling upgrades that further differentiates it from other XK models
• New LED technology incorporated into slimmer headlamps with a distinctive ‘J-Blade’ signature
• Revised interior enhances the contemporary luxury feel of the cabin
• Strong, lightweight advanced aluminum body architecture to maximize performance, agility and efficiency
• Performance sports seat option offers 16-way power adjustability, with heating and memory functions
• New XKR Dynamic Pack for enhanced driving characteristics
• New paint colors pay homage to Jaguar’s racing heritage
2012 Jaguar XJ
Revolutionary, not evolutionary, the XJ is truly a product of the 21st century and is the clearest indication yet of the singular sense of purpose behind Design Director Ian Callum’s vision for the future of Jaguar.
Subtle enhancements to the cabin are now available for the 2012 Jaguar XJ range. A new Rear Comfort Pack is exclusive to the XJL Supersport flagship, and adds new standard features including rear seats that feature electric adjustment of the backrest recline angle, four-way lumbar support and a massage function. The Pack also includes new winged headrests, footrests and the ability for the front passenger seat to be stowed forward when unoccupied to increase rear seat room.
On the long-wheelbase XJL Portfolio model, a new optional ‘Executive Pack’ transforms the rear of the XJL into a high-speed mobile office space with the provision of fold-down business trays and an electric rear sunblind for increased privacy. The package also includes upgraded carpeting, a combination wood and leather heated steering wheel, gloss wood veneer choices and chrome mirror housings.
Two new performance packages are now available on XJ models powered by the supercharged engines: a new ‘Sport & Speed Pack’ is available on the 470 horsepower XJ and XJL Supercharged models, and a new ‘Speed Pack’ is available on the 510 horsepower XJ and XJL Supersport models. Both packs raise the top speed to 174 mph, up from 155 mph, and include functional aerodynamic enhancements to the exterior.
• Lightweight aluminum construction
• Bold, beautiful styling re-energizes the Jaguar design language
• Available in both standard and long-wheelbase versions
• New Rear Seat Comfort package is standard on the XJL Supersport and includes electric recline, lumbar adjustment and massage functions on the rear seats
• New Executive Package enhances the luxury of the long wheelbase XJL Portfolio model
• New Sport & Speed Packs to enhance the performance and appearance of Supercharged and Supersport models
• Optional Illumination Package offers the ambient lighting effects previously only available on the Supersport variant
• New interior color combinations have been added by customer request
Jaguar Cars Limited is a premier manufacturer of luxury sedans and sports cars offering unparalleled design with tremendous performance. The company’s vision throughout its storied history has been simple: To produce beautiful, fast cars that are desired the world over. Jaguar strives to provide a world class ownership experience to every owner. Today’s Jaguar lineup consists of the XJ luxury sedan, XF sports sedan and the XK coupe and convertible sports cars. Jaguar designs, engineers and manufactures exclusively in the United Kingdom, at the Castle Bromwich manufacturing plant in the British Midlands. Jaguar is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs.
About Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
Jaguar Land Rover is a business built around two great British car brands that are designed, engineered and manufactured in the United Kingdom. Jaguar Cars Limited, founded in 1922, is one of the world’s premier manufacturers of luxury sedans and sports cars. Since 1948, Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic 4x4s that define “breadth of capability” in their segments.
Jaguar manufactures all their cars exclusively in the United Kingdom, at the Castle Bromwich manufacturing plant in the British Midlands. Land Rover and Range Rover models are built in the United Kingdom at the Solihull and Halewood plants. Land Rover exports to 169 countries and Jaguar exports to 63 countries, with global sales for both brands exceeding 240,000 vehicles annually. The Jaguar Land Rover business employs 16,000 people in United Kingdom, including 3,500 engineers at two product development centers.
Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.
Source: Chicago Auto Show