Jeep® Vehicles Earn Four More Awards
- 2012 Jeep® Wrangler wins “Total Cost of Ownership” award from Kelley Blue Book and “Best Resale” award from Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee captures MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice award (shared with Dodge Durango), as well recognition from Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Grand Cherokee sales up 40 percent in January; 51 percent in 2011
- Wrangler sales up 23 percent in January; 30 percent in 2011
- Jeep brand sales up 37 percent in January; 44 percent in 2011
Auburn Hills, Mich. - Jeep® Wrangler and Grand Cherokee – the pillars of the Jeep brand – continue to earn accolades from opinion-leading media outlets. The vehicles recently captured four more awards:
- Kelley Blue Book Total Cost of Total Cost of Ownership – Mid-size Sport Utility award: 2012 Jeep Wrangler
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Best Resale – Truck-based SUVs: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport
- MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Award – Best Large Utility: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee (shared with Dodge Durango)
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Worth a Look – Mid-size and Large Crossovers: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
“We’re delighted that the Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee have received this recognition from these influential, opinion-leading media organizations,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “These awards are especially meaningful because they focus on the customer. The MotorWeek award is specifically chosen from the buyers’ point of view, while the awards from Kelley Blue Book and Kiplinger’s focus on value for the customer – which Jeep vehicles consistently deliver.”
In January, Jeep brand vehicle sales rose 37 percent (versus industry rise of 12 percent), with Grand Cherokee sales rising 40 percent and Wrangler sales rising 23 percent. In 2011, Jeep brand vehicle sales increased 44 percent (versus an industry increase of 11 percent), with Grand Cherokee sales increasing 51 percent and Wrangler sales increasing 30 percent.
These four new awards for Jeep vehicles are in addition to the following recognition received by the Jeep brand and its vehicles so far in 2012:
- Polk Automotive Loyalty Award – Most Improved Loyalty to Make: Jeep Brand
- Autobytel 2012 SUV of the Year: Jeep® Wrangler
- Overland Journal 2011 SUV of the Year – North America: Jeep Wrangler
- U.S. News & World Report’s Best Cars for the Money – Off-Road SUV: Jeep Wrangler
- Cars.com’s Play Car of the Year (Off-Roaders and Sun Lovers categories): Jeep Wrangler
- The Fast Lane Car’s (TFLCar.com) Top-10 2012 Most Fun to Drive Cars: Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
- 2012 Vehix New Car Buying Guide, Convertible Under $40,000 Recommended: Jeep Wrangler
- 2012 Vehix New Car Buying Guide, SUV Under $30,000 Recommended: Jeep Wrangler
- 2012 Vehix New Car Buying Guide, SUV Under $30,000 Recommended: Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Consumer Guide Recommended Buy: Jeep Grand Cherokee
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers premium on-road performance while maintaining the Jeep brand’s legendary four-wheel-drive, torque-on-demand two-speed transfer case and towing capability. It offers improved fuel economy (up to 23 miles per gallon), a driving range of more than 550 miles, superb on-road ride and handling, a world-class interior cabin, more than 50 safety and security features, and a variety of advanced technology features.
Contributing to Grand Cherokee’s class-leading capability is the combination of Jeep’s Quadra-Lift™ air suspension system and the Jeep Selec-Terrain™ traction control system that lets customers choose the 4×4 setting for the optimum driving experience on all terrains.
The 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee is available with three 4×4 systems, and with either V-6 or V-8 powertrains.
2012 Jeep Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler – the most capable and recognized vehicle in the world – becomes even more capable both on- and off-road for 2012, courtesy of an all-new, more fuel efficient and more powerful 3.6-liter V-6 engine, and a new automatic transmission – both of which it shares with the award-winning Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Chrysler Group’s 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine – winner of the prestigious Ward’s 10 Best Engines award – delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, while delivering up to 21 miles per gallon highway in the 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The improvement, when compared to the previous 3.8-liter V-6 engine, is 40 percent in horsepower and 10 percent in torque.
2012 Jeep Wrangler interior highlights include a recently redesigned instrument panel and storage areas with improved ergonomics and upgraded materials. A lockable console and upgraded door armrest areas boast comfortable touch points, while a redesigned center stack is easier to reach and operate. Heated, power mirrors are available, and drivers and passengers enjoy enhanced visibility courtesy of large rear windows.
Built on more than 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup includes Compass, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Patriot, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models are sold outside North America – and all are available in right-hand drive versions and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Chrysler Group LLC sells and services vehicles in approximately 120 countries around the world.
Follow Jeep and Chrysler Group LLC news and video on:
Chrysler Connect blog: http://blog.chryslergroupllc.com