Chrysler Group’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT®) High-performance Vehicle Lineup Featured on Speed Channel’s ‘Test Drive’ on Sunday, Dec. 18
- Show host/champion road racer Tommy Kendall and special guests put four 2012 SRT® vehicles including Chrysler 300 SRT8®, Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, Dodge Charger SRT8, and Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8 through their high-performance paces at unique locations in the U.S. and beyond
- Premiere airs at Noon (EST) Sunday, Dec. 18 on the Speed Channel
Auburn Hills, Mich. - Tune in to the Speed Channel at Noon (EST) Sunday, Dec. 18 for the premiere of the latest episode of “Test Drive” featuring the entire 2012 SRT® vehicle lineup.
Show host Tommy Kendall teams up with various professional drivers and personalities from the SRT brand and Dodge Motorsports, including Ralph Gilles, President and CEO, SRT and Motorsports, for driving exercises to show off the four benchmark American high-performance vehicles from Chrysler Group LLC.
“Viewers will be impressed as our new SRT vehicles are the real stars of this show,” Gilles said. “Working with a champion driver and true enthusiast like Tommy Kendall along with the team at Speed is always a blast; I can’t wait to see the premiere.”
The 60-minute program is broken into four segments – one showcasing each of the new 2012 SRT products, including the Chrysler 300 SRT8, Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, Dodge Charger SRT8 and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.
- Former Penske Racing driver Kurt Busch meets up with Kendall at the Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, S.C. for some aggressive on-track action from inside their own Dodge Charger SRT8s
- Kendall then travels to Fontana, Calif., to meet up with high-flying freestyle motocross athlete and Hart and Huntington Racing team owner Carey Hart as they drive Dodge Challenger SRT8s in a simulated movie chase scene
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is shown on quaint village roads in Germany and then taking a few historic laps around the world’s most demanding road course – the famed 12.9-mile Nürburgring Nordschleife
- Gilles then joins Kendall in a Chrysler 300 SRT8 for some on-track and on-road excitement in and around the Motor City
The Chrysler Group’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) brand uses a successful product development formula featuring five proven hallmarks: awe-inspiring powertrains; outstanding ride, handling and capability; benchmark braking; aggressive and functional exteriors and race-inspired and high-performance interiors to remain true to its performance roots. The expansion of the SRT vehicle lineup in 2012 features four new products that are world-class performance contenders and bring the latest in safety technologies and creature comforts. These products include the Chrysler 300 SRT8, Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, Dodge Charger SRT8 and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.
Follow SRT and Chrysler Group news and video on:
SRT site: http://drivesrt.com
Chrysler media site: http://media.chrysler.com
Chrysler Connect blog: http://blog.chryslergroupllc.com
Corporate website: http://www.chryslergroupllc.com