Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes – NNS Advance – Kansas 2
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - Kansas Lottery 300
Oct. 8, 2011
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
Career Starts: 163
Top Fives: 69
Top 10s: 98
• Keselowski’s last NASCAR Nationwide Series win came at Chicagoland Speedway (September 17).
• He is the defending NASCAR Nationwide champion.
• Earned Penske Racing its first NASCAR championship last season.
• In 2010, set career-bests in wins (6), top fives (26), top 10s (29) and poles (5).
• Set a NASCAR record 102 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish) that ended at this year’s season-opening race at Daytona Int’l Speedway.
• First Nationwide victory came at Nashville Superspeedway (2008).
KESELOWSKI AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY
• Keselowski will be making his sixth career Nationwide Series start at Kansas Speedway.
• Highest starting position: Eighth – 2010
• Highest finishing position: Second – 2010
• Average starting position: 21.2
• Average finishing position: 14.6
• Laps Led: 45
“Kansas is quite a bit different than some of the more traditional mile-and-a-half tracks, like Charlotte and Texas. It’s really similar to Auto Club Speedway in California. The straightaway speed is not quite the same, but the corners are really similar. You can also run all over the track at Kansas – from the high lane to the low lane. It’s a great race track. I’m excited about going there twice a year because it is another one of those areas of the country where they support racing.”
Brad Keselowski – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
DID YOU KNOW?
• Dodge has one victory at Kansas (Kasey Kahne in 2005).
• Dodge has one pole at Kansas (Parker Kligerman in 2009).
• Dodge has three NNS wins this season.
• There were 21 lead changes in last year’s event.
• Joe Gibbs Racing has won the last three races at Kansas.
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• Dodge won its first Nationwide championship last year when Penske Racing’s Brad Keselowski claimed the driver’s title.
• Dodge is fielding two entries in the Nationwide Series this year from the Penske Racing stable. Sam Hornish Jr. joins teammate Brad Keselowski for a limited race schedule. Hornish has made nine starts this season. He scored a season high fifth-place finish at Chicagoland.
• Dodge has 38 wins in the Nationwide Series.
• Dodge’s Brad Keselowski has two top-five and three top-10 finishes in five NNS races at Kansas Speedway. He finished second in last year’s event, .315 seconds behind Joey Logano. Keselowski was third in 2009.
• Only one of the previous 10 Nationwide Series races at Kansas has been won from that pole. That came last year when Logano started on the pole and won the race.
• Dodge’s Brad Keselowski is seeking his fourth Nationwide win of the season this weekend at Kansas. He has completed 97.1 percent of possible laps (971 of 1,000 possible laps) and has only one (DNF) at the 1.5-mile track in his five previous starts.
• In his 2010 championship season, Brad Keselowski’s average finish was 5.2 for the 35-race season.
FROM THE CREW CHIEF
“Kansas is a smooth, fast race track. Where it looks similar to Chicago, it’s much easier on equipment. Chicago has a rough surface where you worry about ride quality. At Kansas, you focus on speed and balance. We’ll take something from our notes packages from Chicago and from Auto Club Speedway and try to get back to victory lane this weekend.”
Todd Gordon, crew chief, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Scott Sebastian – email@example.com
Denny Darnell – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jimmy White – email@example.com
Source: Dodge Motorsports