Chris Rado to Debut New Scion tC at Redline Time Attack in Sebring
Fort Mill, SC – Veteran racer Chris Rado of WORLD Racing is poised to debut his latest and greatest Scion tC at the exhilarating Redline Time Attack Series at Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Fla. Aug. 14 and 15.
The 1,100 horsepower and all-wheel drive speed machine, named the Team Need for Speed Time Attack Scion, is like no other. The black-and-white striped Scion boasts a gold-plated hood-exit exhaust and bulkhead, and black Continental decals on the sides.
“We’re really excited to see Rado’s extreme Scion take on the Time Attacks,” said Travis Roffler, director of marketing, Continental Tire. “With Rado’s expertise in not only racing, but in high-performance vehicles, he is certainly going to be a force to be reckoned with in Sebring.”
Team Need for Speed Time Attack Scion tC Specs:
• Wheelbase 108.2 inches
• Track width front and rear 61.3 front / 59.7 rear
• Ride height 2 inches from ground, all the way around
• Overall car height (roof top) 48.9 inches
• Overall car length 176.4 inches
• Overall car width (not including mirrors or winglets) 78.8 inches (fender to fender)
• Wheel specs: diameter, width and offset (if they are dished a measurement for the dish depth too – front and rear) 18 inch diameter by 12 inch width – HRE Competition Forged Series (COMP95)
• Wing sizes – width and length – Front Wing – 78 inches long by 10 inches wide, Rear Wing – 76 inches long by 12 inches wide
• Engine type 2AZ-FE – factory 2.4 tC engine
• Max WHP at RPM 1,154 HP at 8,000 RPM
• Torque at RPM 905 ft/lbs at 7,000 RPM
• Weight 2,260 pounds (dry)
• Diameter, width and profile – Uses two sizes depending on track/sanctioning race body.
• Continental Tires – 305/645R18 r80 compound (slick)
• Continental Tires – 315/30ZR18 A6 compound (non-slick)
6) 31-31 (1 to 1)
• 50/50 torque bias
• 3.309 rear-end gear final
• 3.295 front-end gear final
• Winters quick-change rear end 23-19
• Rear-end bevel gear 33-8
Continental Tire is proud to compete in the Redline Time Attack Series. Continental’s extreme performance tires feature outstanding handling for the tightest turns and the most action-packed tracks, and are tuned for ultra-high performance cars whose drivers demand extreme grip in even the most treacherous conditions. g>
About Continental Tire:
With sales exceeding €24 billion in 2008, the Continental Corporation is one of the top automotive suppliers worldwide. As a supplier of brake systems, systems and components for the powertrain and chassis, instrumentation, infotainment solutions, vehicle electronics, tires and technical elastomers, the corporation contributes towards enhanced driving safety and protection of the global climate. Continental is also a competent partner in networked automobile communication. The corporation currently employs approximately 134,000 at nearly 190 locations in 37 countries.
Source: Continental Tire