NASCAR Star Tony Stewart to Help Donate School Supplies to Fredericksburg-Area Children
Three-time and reigning NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series™ champion, Tony Stewart, driver of the No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil1 Chevrolet, will headline a special “Back-To-School Celebration” event at a local Office Depot store in Fredericksburg, VA. Stewart is partnering with the Office Depot Foundation to help Fredericksburg-area children head back to school with the essential tools they need to succeed in the classroom.
Stewart is partnering with Office Depot and the Office Depot Foundation for this special “Back-To-School Celebration” and will be donating new sackpacks in seven colorful designs that contain essential school supplies to Fredericksburg-area children in need.
At the event, Stewart will assist the Foundation in donating 4,000 sackpacks to representatives from local schools and non-profit organizations as part of the Office Depot Foundation’s National Backpack Program.
The Foundation donates sackpacks across the United States and internationally in an effort to help kids succeed in school. By the end of this year, Office Depot and the Office Depot Foundation will have helped more than 2.9 million children in need since the program began in 2001. Stewart will assist the Foundation in donating 400,000 sackpacks nationwide in 2012, which is the most given out in a single year.
Organizations scheduled to receive donations include:
· Fredericksburg City Public Schools
· Spotsylvania County Schools
· Stafford County Public Schools
· King George County Schools
· Open Arms Community Development Center
· Stafford Junction
· Rappahannock Area Community Services Board
· Providence Service Corporation
· Hope House
· Rappahannock CASA
· Open Hand of Fredericksburg
1591 Carl D. Silver Pkwy.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
3:30 p.m. local time
· Presentation of donations: 4:05 – 4:45 p.m. local time (not open to general public)
· Autograph session w/Tony Stewart: 4:45 – 5:45 p.m. local time (open to general public – see details below)
Stewart will sign autographs for 300 fans at the event. Wristbands are required for the autograph session (limit one per person) and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at the 1591 Carl D. Silver Parkway Office Depot store beginning at 8 a.m. local time on the day of the event only (Thursday, September 6). Fans with a wristband must be in line no later than 5:15 p.m. local time to receive an autograph. Limit one autograph per wristband.
- Stewart presenting sackpacks to local children and community organizations
- The No. 14 Office Depot show car
- Stewart signing autographs for fans
Source: MATTER, Edelman Sports & Entertainment Marketing